Monday, January 18, 2010

NYC & The Martha Show Highlights

My mom and I took the train into NYC for a girls getaway! We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on 26th St. The hotel was recently redone and was super chic! The beds were so comfy, pillows like a cloud and a staff that was very accommodating. I actually forgot to pack my tooth brush and the front desk provided me with a complimentary one. I was impressed! Plus the hotel was about a block away from the Martha Stewart Show (the main reason we made our way into the city) so that was an added bonus!



We got all dressed up and headed to The 21 Club on 52nd street. We sat in the Bar Room which has walls and ceiling adorned with antique toys and sports memorabilia. There were about 5 gentleman waiting on us and it seemed they each had a job. Here was what we had for dinner....everything was shared :)
Mixed Greenhouse Greens, herbed goat cheese, roasted marinated beets, fig-balsamic vinaigrette
Panko-Crusted Crab Cake, roasted sweet corn purée, chipotle sauce, pickled fennel, violet tatsoi
Grilled Dry Aged Sirloin,roasted fingerling potatoes, baby vegetables, hen-of-the-woods mushrooms, bordelaise sauce
Pommes Soufflées
Vanilla Bean Crème Brûléewith espresso biscotti
Grand Marnier Soufflé, crème chantilly, fresh berries

21 Club, New York City / Famous NYC Restaurant with Romantic Dining - Restaurants   - Bar Room21 Club, New York City / Famous NYC Restaurant with Romantic Dining - Restaurants   - Upstairs at 2121 Club, New York City / Fine American Cuisine - A Landmark New York Restaurant  - Prix Fixe Menus

The next day we woke up at 6:00 am got ready, ate breakfast at the restaurant next door to the hotel then walked down the street to stand in line for the Martha Stewart Show. We got there pretty early and when we got our seating tickets were #15 and #16 in line. It was nice to finally meet some of the bloggers whom I had only known from twitter and surfing blogs. Everyone was super sweet! We were finally seated in the studio and awaited the start of the show! We had a blast, Martha was amazing in person and it was really neat being a part of the taping. My husband tapped the show for us and we were hoping to be seen a couple of times since we were right in the front row. No go! I think there were a couple side profile shots....we were sitting on the wrong side. In front of us was the staff and cameras. Oh well, it was an experience and we had a blast! Plus we walked away with a cookbook from one of the guests. Now I was hoping for a laptop or ipod, but the cookbook will do :)



video

The rest of the time was spent navigating through the city, shopping, trying different restaurants and eateries. We did walk all the way down to Chelsea Market, a indoor market place filled with divine shops. My mom got a lobster roll that was so fresh....and we even got 5 pieces of chocolate for $9! That was a rip off but still yummy. I know my Mom wanted to do more sight seeing but I get home sick so fast and could not wait to get home to my hubby and kids. Thanks Mom for the memorable trip!


4 comments:

Mama Snow said...

What a sweet mom. That sounds so fun.

edith said...

Oh, the trip sounds wonderful! I can't believe I know someone who went on the MS show. :) Can you share how you were able to participate? Did they invite you?

Amy said...

how fun. I could not see some of the pictures.

Nichol said...

Sounds so great! I would love to do something like this.

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.