Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Adventure Of Meno Review!



Thanks to The Classy Closet I was introduced to a fun collection of books called "Adventure of Meno" written by Tony and Angela Diterlizzi. This 6 book series introduces us to Meno, a throw back to the 50's space elf who finds himself an adventure with every story. The wording in the books are unique and silly, making reading time with kids fun. Follow Meno as he explores Earth and finds exciting adventures!

"Award-winning author and illustrator, Tony DiTerlizzi, has been creating books with Simon & Schuster for over a decade. From his fanciful picture books like, Jimmy Zangwow’s Out-of-this-World Moon Pie Adventure, G is for One Gzonk! andThe Spider & The Fly (2003 Caldecott Honor), to young chapter books like the New York Times best-seller, Kenny and The Dragon, Tony always imbues his stories with a rich imagination. His middle-grade series, The Spiderwick Chronicles (co-created with Holly Black), has sold millions of copies and has been adapted into a feature film. Tony grew up in South Florida, and lives in Amherst, Massachusetts with his wife, Angela, and their daughter. Visit Tony at www.diterlizzi.com."


I first want to start of my saying how much my kids enjoyed reading Adventure Of Meno books. Especially my 5 year old son who is starting to read. The words are simple yet silly and unique, which always make my kiddies chuckle! The illustration is colorful and quirky....kind of reminds me of Dennis the Menace meets The Jetsons :) We got to review 2 of the 6 book collection. Book One: Big Fun and Book Two: Wet Friend. I love that at the end there is a Pronounce Menu that helps to decipher what Meno and his friends are talking about! There is also a song to sing with your kids at the end. I give Adventure Of Meno two thumbs up! I can't wait to buy the other books for my kids.



Make sure to head on over to Planet Meno and discover more. The website introduces you to Meno and all his friends, take a sneak peak at one of the books and there is even downloadable print outs for your kids! And check out this video the writers did. Make sure you keep an eye out for the two latest books UH-OH SICK and YUMMY TRIP due out April 6, 2010 :) Check out The Classy Closets Mega Review on Adventure of Meno!

Win It! Head over to Catch The Drift With Mama Snow and enter to win!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there!
I would like to burn a theme at this forum. There is such a thing, called HYIP, or High Yield Investment Program. It reminds of ponzy-like structure, but in rare cases one may happen to meet a company that really pays up to 2% daily not on invested money, but from real profits.

For quite a long time, I earn money with the help of these programs.
I'm with no money problems now, but there are heights that must be conquered . I get now up to 2G a day , and my first investment was 500 dollars only.
Right now, I'm very close at catching at last a guaranteed variant to make a sharp rise . Visit my web site to get additional info.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.