Friday, June 26, 2009

VGNO ~ How I Met My Hubby

So Ann is throwing a Virtual Girl's Night Out over at her place tonight.  The topic ~ How Did You Meet Your Love?  So join the fun by heading over to her party, writing up your own story and posting your link on Mr. Linky for everyone to read!  It's so much fun and you meet tons of awesome people.


Here is my story....

He was tall, dark and handsome. A deep voice that made my cheeks pink up when he spoke. The most endearing smile I had ever seen. Who ever thought he would be mine?

I had known him since 6th grade, he was the cool 8th grader at our extremely small private school. The next year he was gone, off to another high school and I would not see him again for a couple years. Fast forward to my senior year of high school...i get a call from my dad to see if i would pick up my brother at his friends house. Off I went, dressed up in a tight little number (i had just left a party) to pick up my kid brother. Pulled up to the house, ran in and that's when it happened. HE was there!!! This is where HE lived!!! HE came over, started talking to me and I was dizzy with excitement! 
A few days later the phone rang...it was HIM!!! I had just gotten back from the dentist and told him that I had a couple cavities. His response: "Have you ever heard of a toothbrush?" I was mortified and wanted to hang up on his rude self. But something inside said just forget about it. Thank goodness I did. Almost 12 years later here we are.  After a couple years of him playing Minor League Baseball in Florida, we decided to tie the knot. We just celebrated our 7 year wedding anniversary.   I love him more then anything. He is the most caring, selfless man I have ever met. He has given my the 2 greatest gifts , my son and daughter. 





25 comments:

Kat said...

What a great story! Glad you tolerate his quip about the toothbrush cause your kiddos are gorgeous!!

Happy VGNO!

angelina said...

how sweet! i love true love stories.....Going to have to watch the lakehouse tonight....

Elizabeth said...

Aww, that's a great story!! Very romantic, that's for sure! Happy VGNO!

Mary K Brennan said...

What a great love story. Aren't you glad you hung in there. Have a great VGNO.

robin said...

Awww!
He's really handsome! What a great smile too!
Happy GNO!

I am Harriet said...

Awe....loved your story!

Happy VGNO!

http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/06/happy-vgno-streisand-memories.html

Gladys said...

What a great story. Made me say AWWWWW.

Happy VGNO

Amy said...

What a great story and picture. I did get an out fit from your giveaway I just have not taken pictures yet.

Mandala Michelle said...

That's a handsome man. I can say that right? Happy VGNO?

Gena said...

I love your story, Sandy! Fate has a way of making it alright!

Miss tweeting with you!

Happy VGNO!

Yaya said...

That is such a cute story!!!

Happy VGNO!

GypsyFox said...

aww what a great story love the pic!!! happy VGNO!!! I'm new :)

Jennifer said...

I love a good love story!

~*Jessica*~ said...

cute story - happy vgno

Carolee / Home4ever said...

Aw... how sweet- your story brought tears to my eyes.

Happy VGNO!

Lola said...

Stopping by for VGNO!

Hope you have a great weekend.

http://lolasdiner.blogspot.com
http://lolasvictorygarden.blogspot.com
http://firecrotchrocket.blogspot.com

blueviolet said...

You two are a darling couple!

Even though his toothbrush line was not the best way to endear himself to you...

Heather said...

Awww... how sweet! Can you believe I met my hubby on the computer? That's a story for another time! :)

So glad you shared this... I love hearing about how couples got together. Gorgeous pic!

kiddiescorner said...

I want to join in one Friday when I'm not working! Anyways that is beautiful I loved how you kept on say HIM! True Love is amazing. My hubby and I have known each other since I was 12, dated at 15 for a couple weeks got back together when I was 17 and been together since. I am now 29!! Gonna be our 8 year anni this Aug! Love your story too sweet :O)

Stacie said...

Awwww what a sweet story! I love stories like that. Have a great weekend!

Gena said...

I'm back!

Hey, girl! Stop by my "Relax and Enjoy...." blog and pick up your award!

Talk soon!

JulieChats said...

Great Story!

Just stopping by a little late from VGNO!

Just_Aimee said...

Love that story! Happy (belated) VGNO

Molytail said...

aw, sweet story - although I'd be tempted to remind him of that remark the next time HE gets a cavity! :-P

Abby said...

Awww that is just the sweetest story love hearing those kind of stories!

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.