Thursday, February 12, 2009

You Had Me At "Have You Ever Heard of A Toothbrush?"



He was tall, dark and handsome. A deep voice that made my cheeks pink up when he spoke. The most endearing smile I had ever seen. Who ever thought he would be mine?

I had known him since 6th grade, he was the cool 8th grader at our extremely small private school. The next year he was gone, off to another high school and I would not see him again for a couple years. Fast forward to my senior year of high school...i get a call from my dad to see if i would pick up my brother at his friends house. Off I went, dressed up in a tight little number (i had just left a party) to pick up my kid brother. Pulled up to the house, ran in and that's when it happened. HE was there!!! This is where HE lived!!! HE came over, started talking to me and I was dizzy with excitement!

A few days later the phone rang...it was HIM!!! I had just gotten back from the dentist and told him that I had a couple cavities. His response: "Have you ever heard of a toothbrush?" I was mortified and wanted to hang up on his rude self. But something inside said just forget about it. Thank goodness I did. Almost 12 years later here we are. I love him more then anything. He is the most caring, selfless man I have ever met. He has given my the 2 greatest gifts , my son and daughter.

We have been through so much together. The time he spent away from me playing Minor League Baseball in Florida, sickness, surgeries, every day life. I thank God that he brought Justin to me. I can't wait to see what the next few decades have in store for us...nothing less then amazing i'm sure!!!

Happy Valentines Day Sweetie!! I love you...mwah!!



For more love stories check out:

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Awwwww this is so sweet! You two are just the cutest couple and you always have been!!

Patti said...

Great story - glad you didn't hang up.
My query was "Have you ever been in jail?"
I didn't run after his positive response and am also glad.
Oh - it was just overnight because of a traffic incident.
Blessings,
Patti
http://37blessings.blogspot.com/2009/02/did-one-but-know.html

We are THAT Family said...

This is so sweet! Thanks for sharing!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

I am a bit late in visiting via the SWAK carnival, but what a great post!

jenny said...

if you watched the video or heard about it..
im curious, i wanna know whats it about, before i watch it
and its pretty hard finding the link/website,
so if you do know where to find it at, can i know what it is?
please, and thanks ;)
utah dentists

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.