Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Sibling Love




When I found out I was pregnant with our second child Melina, I was overcome with happiness....followed by an overwhelming feeling of guilt. Nicholas had just turned 2 and was still my baby who needed me so much. For the 9 months of pregnancy and even after she was born I tossed and turned at night, wiped the tears from my face and ponder the thought of having to share my time and love with another little life. How was Nicholas going to feel seeing his Mommy loving and caring for someone else? I prayed about it and talked with other mothers with multiple children. I tried to take the advice...but it seemed impossible. One day Nick and I were reading a book together and Melina started to cry. He said "That's ok Mommy, go get the baby, i am a big boy now" He is the best big brother anyone could ask for. No one can make Melina smile and laugh like Nick can. I am so thankful for his sweet spirit.

0 comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.